Tuesday, 7 October 2014
Wednesday, 16 July 2014
- If your bed has draws in the base, please ensure these are empty. Anything in those draws is highly likely to have bed bug activity on it. If you have any items of material in them, wash it at 60c or bag it then wash it when you can. Either way, the draws must be empty.
- Bedding removed, again, bagged to be washed or straight in the machine at 60c
- Leave them bed and mattress in place, I will move as I need to.
- Also, if you curtains overhang your bed they are likely to have bed bug activity in them. These need removing and washing too.
- Please have all furniture in the rooms empty. I like to treat all wardrobes, chest of draws, bedside tables. Leave no stone unturned as bed bugs can easily infest furniture.
- Clothing, bagged and to be washed at 60c or the highest heat and dried without ruining it. Bags can stay in the room, I can work around the bags.
- If you have books in bedside tables we will speak about these, bed bugs love books, dvd cases and things of that sort that they can squeeze into.
- Furniture should be moved away from the wall six inches. If this is an issue for you speak to me, it wont be a problem.
- Please hoover the floor of the room and ensure that it is free of personal items.
- Any toys and teddies or kids items cannot be in the vicinity of any bed bug control treatment or insecticide that is to be used. They must be bagged up. Do not move items from the infested room to other rooms without thorough inspection first.
- Ensure all plug sockets are switched off and all small electrical items are removed, laptops, games. NOTE - Tvs and dvd, pc's, console players can stay in the room on top of their units, just cover them over.
- No pets can be in the treated areas. Dogs and cats, aquatic species must all be removed.
Friday, 27 June 2014
Bed Bug Control London
Do you require bed bug control London, UK? Then let me tell you a little more about what you can expect from us and our bed bug treatments.
Maybe you have been on holiday, travelling or maybe you have stayed in a hotel or even had people stay over at your home.
Bed Bug Control London
- Treatment of beds and mattresses.
- Furniture, wardrobes, chest of draws, bedside units.
- Floors, cracks, crevices.
- Inspection of all areas, curtains, shelves, pictures, cupboards in rooms.
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you see bed bugs? Yes, in fact an adult bed bug is similar in size to an apple pip!
- Will steam kill bed bugs? Yes, but you would need to treat many items accurately to ensure all bugs are eliminated and steam can pose its own challenges and risks. A deep clean with cleaning materials can clear up early infestations by ensuring all carpets, furniture in the room with bed bugs in targeted.
- Do bed bugs fly? No.
- Do bed bugs transmit disease? No, but you can get an infection from scratching bites and breaking the skin.
- Do bed bugs only live on the bed? No. Bed bugs can be found anywhere you spend a prolonged period of time, bed bugs, sofas, chairs. They can also be found down the side of carpets close to the bed, top of curtains, book shelves, rear of pictures, inside furniture, on items under the bed, tops of walls, rear of bedroom doors, in books and cases, boxes.
- How long can bed bugs survive with feeding? Tricky one, and best answered up to a year. Bed bugs are cold blooded and in cooler conditions their metabolism will slow down enabling them to live longer. In room temperature, 3-5 months would be more realistic.
- Do bed bugs prefer dirty houses? No. Bed bugs can be found in the cleanest homes or hotels, hostels. A bed bug does not care about the condition of a property.
- Do bed bugs like heat? No. Bed bugs do not even like the heat of our bodies, only sticking around long enough for their feed then moving away.
- How are bed bugs spread? Bed bugs are spread on items such as clothing, bags and luggage if you have stayed somewhere that has bed bugs or by someone visiting you that has bed bugs. Also, bed bug infested furniture being brought into a property, beds, sofas, pictures. Holiday and travelling. I have seen cases of people taking items home they found on the street and then becoming infested with bed bugs and even people buying items from internet auction sites that were infested therefore becoming infested themselves.
- How much are bed bug treatments? That will depend on the bed bug company you use, the amount of bedrooms to be treated, the type of treatment among other things.
- How do you prepare for a bed bug treatment? Again, a good bed bug company will take you through preparation requirements in advance, but here is some information from myself on this subject - How to prepare for a bed bug treatment.
- Do I need to stay out of the house during the treatment? Depending on what treatment is done, what that companies procedure is, then possibly yes, you would not be able to re enter treated areas for between 3 - 6 hours at the advice of the pest control or bed bug control company. You will also be instructed on cleaning and what to do/not to do.
Friday, 23 May 2014
Dealing With Bed Bugs
I have been providing bed bug control London for many many years and over this time and having various discussions with clients the one thing that always struck me and is what people do not know about bed bugs. I have had people tell me they thought they were invisible, they fly, that they are due to cats and have also been told by people that once you have them you need to move house! Thankfully none of that is true but only goes to show the lack of knowledge about bed bugs and bed bug control.
Lets have your comments. Have you had bed bugs? How long until you were free of them? What advice can you give to others dealing with bed bugs?
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Bed Bugs Pictures UK
Thursday, 8 May 2014
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
Wednesday, 12 March 2014
Bed bugs treatment & advice EPB Pest Control
Monday, 10 February 2014
Bed Bug Removal London
Bed Bug Removal London - EPB Control
Bed Bug Removal London - Treatment
Other Posts Of Use
Wednesday, 5 February 2014
Bed Bug Inspections - How To
Where to Look?
- Bed frame, under mattress, in joins, under wooden slats, in bolt holes, behind headboard, in cracks.
- Mattress, around the lip on either side, under buttons on the flat side.
- Bedside units, wardrobes, chest of draws, on the back, around joins and edges, inside the furniture, corners, hinges, under shelf's, on the base.
- Under window ledge, loose wallpaper, behind skirting board, edge of flooring and carpet, wall/ceiling meeting point, gathering at the top of the curtains if they are close to the bed. plug sockets.
- Items under bed, boxes, toys, bags and shoes, anything under the bed is likely to have bed bugs on.
- Doors, coat hooks on doors, around door frames.
- Sofas, under arms, around the seam, under the base, inside the sofa, under the seats, in folds.
- Behind pictures on walls, in/on book shelf's, in/on books, cds, dvd cases.
See previous posts for advice on how to prepare for a bed bug treatment, bed bugs eggs and much more.
Tuesday, 7 January 2014
Bed Bugs - A Worrying Trend
Pest Control East London
Saturday, 12 October 2013
Pre Treatment Bed Bug Advice
Preparing your room correctly will not only make the pest technicians life easier but also increase the effectiveness of the treatment. However, do not rush into moving items from the room to another room of the property until you are absolutely certain that those items are free of eggs.
If you move items with eggs on them to other rooms that may not be infected they soon will be and you will require further treatments. If you are unsure on what eggs look like, see below. If you are still concerned then air on the side of caution and do not move it until the pest controller has inspected it for you.
Note that eggs will not always be laid in clumps such as the first and second picture and on a white surface can be very difficult to locate to the untrained eye. Eggs could be laid anywhere, curtains, bed frame, back of pictures, back of bedside unit, wardrobes, walls, items under the bed.
When preparing for a bed bug treatment I would always insist that the wardrobe, chest of draws and bedside units be empty and all clothing placed into sealed bags to be washed at 60c. It is not uncommon to find heavily infested furniture in a property.
Always pull furniture 6 inches from the wall before the technician arrives as any good knowledgeable bed bug technician will inspect and treat the rear of the furniture.
- Curtains should be checked by the pest control company you use, particularly if they over hang the bed. It is very common to find bed bugs in the top folds of the curtains. Remove and wash at high temperature.
- Hoover the floors before the treatment. Empty hoover bag/cannister to a bin out of the property.
- Remove all bedding. Ensure under the bed is clear of items.
- Ensure there are no children's toys in areas that are being treated with insecticide.
- Remove any aquatic pets from the room.
Any questions please email me, I will be happy to reply and assist you.
Friday, 24 May 2013
Dealing with bed bug infected items.
- Heavily infested with eggs/excrement/blood to the point of being unusable and unwanted.
- Items that are in poor condition with holes and tears, such as heavily infested mattresses with a high amount of eggs and evidence of bugs inside the mattress.
- Do not move items to other areas of your property, another property or your vehicle until you are sure they are not infected with bed bugs.
- Do not place infected items into public areas such as shared doorways, communal areas of flats as this could spread the infestation.
- Do not give infected items away or donate them.
- Do not think that by simply re decorating or moving property you will rid yourself of bed bugs.
- Do not use items such as microwaves/ovens to try and heat items. This is a fire risk.
- Do not believe all the horror stories you read regarding bed bugs. Find yourself a good pest controller by asking questions, reading reviews and researching. A good pest controller will explain everything to you before and during the treatments, if he has not, you are not using a good pest controller.
- Do not entertain and fogging or smoke bomb treatments.
- Do follow the advice of your pest controller and prepare you property for treatment before he arrives. Some pest controllers (I myself do) will be happy to check personal items for you once they arrive if you are concerned of the presence of eggs/bugs before you move them.
- Do ask questions. Any good pest controller has spent many years carrying out these treatments and learning all they know, they will be only to happy to discuss the process, treatments and bed bugs with you. If they are avoiding doing so, do you feel comfortable using them?
- Do take care if you are disposing of anything, do so correctly, wrap it, seal it, mark it as being infected. The side of the street is not a suitable way to dispose of items.
- Do take care when visiting friends and family. Bed bugs are excellent at hitching a ride!
Monday, 20 May 2013
Bed Bug Control | London | Essex | Kent | Guaranteed
Here is some additional bed bug information from my website. Here you can find more about how to have bed bugs removed from your property by EPB Control.
Tuesday, 30 April 2013
How to prepare for a treatment.
|Eggs are small and easy to miss.|
How to prepare for a treatment:
- Empty bed side units, wardrobes, chest of draws, furniture in bedroom - All clothing into bags, tied and sealed, washed, bags thrown straight out of property. Books, paper work, items in bedside table checked for signs of bugs and eggs. Place in empty bath and shake and inspect.
- Items under bed checked thoroughly as they are likely to have bugs and eggs on. Dispose of anything that you are willing to if heavily infested.
- Bedding - Bagged and washed.
- Furniture - Pulled away from the wall six inches.
- Personal items - Ensure floor is clear of anything valuable or that could be in the way.
- If you have been on holiday, travelling, cases may have eggs in them.
- If you hoover, empty the hoover straight away.
Thursday, 25 April 2013
These pictures from EPB Control show bed bugs and their eggs.
Bed bug eggs are the main concern when carrying out treatments as they can lay them on a range of items within the infested area and if not identified and removed could mean various treatments are required.
Any personal items stored under the bed are likely to have eggs on them and will require a thorough inspection.
Tuesday, 9 April 2013
Thursday, 14 March 2013
Bed Bug Images
Thursday, 21 February 2013
Have You Ever?
Have you ever come into contact with bed bugs?
Thank you for taking the time to take the poll, please take a look at some of my other posts and feel free to share.
Thursday, 7 February 2013
Bed Bug Facts and Tips
Thursday, 10 January 2013
There are also several other blog posts on there such as Treatments and others.
Please go over and take a look and maybe if you find something you like or you feel is useful share it with others.
More posts will be coming soon.
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
Bed bugs can clearly be seen walking around the mattress and the black marking visible are excrement marks that have built up from an extremely high infestation that has been present for some time.
Essex Pest Control and Bird Control
Thursday, 3 January 2013
Bed Bug Eggs
Thursday, 27 December 2012
Bed Bug Treatments - What To Do
Now, I usually give advice on bed bug symptoms or where to find bed bugs and just assumed that people were aware, and I should point out that I clearly state what needs to be done before hand, of what state the rooms should be in for when I arrive.